Monday, July 14, 2008

He Was Once My Best Friend

Growing up I had lots of friends, but there was one I didn't know of at that time. He sat back and waited on his chance to present himself into my life. The strangest thing I can remember is, I'd heard of his name mentioned many times but it never registered to me exactly who he was and the major part he would play in my outcome of my life...
There would be times when I would be lying alone in bed and out of nowhere the homie showed up. Everytime he appeared it was concerning some drama. Either he wanted me to rob someone, kill someone or break some female's heart. When my intentions were to do and be positive the homie would pop up and say, "Homie I can read your mind. Don't worry about taking your girl to the movies or spending time with your children- let's bleed the block (aka hustle).
No matter what the outcome of my day was he was a major part of it. Some days now that I sit back and think on it, I smile, because I allowed him to deceive me. However, as I reflect on my past, I did enjoy hearing the homie's voice because it motivated me to continue in my wrong doings. I know he had his purpose and I got the satisfaction...
MATTHEW 4:8-9
8. Again the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9. And saith unto him, all these things will I give thee, if thou fall down and worship me.

Surah 17:62-63
[Iblis (Satan)] said: "See this one whom you have honourned above me, if you give me respite (keep me alive) to the Day of Resurrection, I will surely seize and mislead his offspring (by sending them astray) all but a few!
63. (Allah) said: "Go, and whosoever of them follows you, surely, Hell will be the recompense of you (all) an ample recompense.


Surah 4:116 Verily, Allah forgives not (the sin of) setting up partners (in worship) with him, but He forgives whom He wills, sins other than that, and whoever sets up partners in worship with Allah has indeed strayed far away.

Now you have been warned...

TERRANCE"GANGSTA"WILLIAMS

No comments: